SaaS in the Building Automation Market
A new wave of investment, driven by the SaaS model and a growing market emphasis on energy efficiency, is bringing new entrants into the commercial building environment management market. Building management systems (BMS) provide centralized management and control systems to maintain the building environment. Over the past decade these traditional systems have been upgraded to Building Automation Systems delivering greater environment sensing and connectivity to networked management capabilities. Now, new entrants are pioneering ways of leveraging BAS/BMS data already being collected to deliver in-depth analysis and provide actions to improve BAS/BMS efficiency.
These new entrants are leveraging the connectivity of BAS systems and the SaaS business model. As well as driving energy efficiency within managed commercial buildings there is also a move to better connect BAS/BMS systems with energy efficiency programs such as utility operated demand response systems.
Many of these new entrants are working with rather than against the BMS markets handful of dominant players.
This report analyzes the potential for these new service offerings and provides an overview of SaaS within the Commercial Building Automation market with forecasts for SaaS and traditional BAS spending from 2013 to 2018. Worldwide forecasts include regional, application, and BAS revenue stream splits.
Table of Contents
- 1. IMPROVING BMS ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND COST CONTROL
- 1.1. The BMS Foundation
- 1.2. Building Automation Systems
- 1.3. Drivers for Building Automation Systems
- 1.4. The BAS Market Segments and Revenues
- 1.5. BAS Regional Markets
- 2. MANAGED SERVICES LIFT BAS INVESTMENT
- 2.1. The Managed and SaaS BAS Model and Ecosystem
- 2.2. Managed/SaaS Market Boosts SAS Services Revenues
- 2.3. The Regional Market for Managed BAS Services
- 2.4. Managed BAS Revenues by Vertical Market
- 2.5. Managed BAS Services Driven by HVAC Applications
- 2.6. IP Underpins BAS Managed Services
- 2.7. BAS and Demand Response
- 3. MANAGED BAS SERVICE APPLICATION AND PLATFORM PROVIDERS
- 3.1. BuildingIQ
- 3.2. Cisco Systems, Inc
- 3.3. EnerNOC Inc
- 3.4. Honeywell Building Control Systems
- 3.5. IBM Corporation
- 3.6. Johnson Controls Inc.
- 3.7. Schneider Electric
- 3.8. Siemens Building Technologies
- 3.9. SkyFoundry
- 3.10. Viridity Energy
- Traditional BAS Revenues by Segment, World Markets, Forecast: 2013 to 2018
- BAS Revenues by Region, World Markets, Forecast: 2013 to 2018
- BAS Revenue by Segment Including Managed Services, World Market, Forecast: 2010 to 2018
- Managed BAS Revenues by Region, World Markets, Forecast: 2013 to 2018
- Managed BAS Revenues by Vertical Market, World Markets, Forecast: 2013 to 2018
- Managed BAS Revenues by Application, World Markets, Forecast: 2013 to 2018