Government and Healthcare Smart Cards and ICs Competitive Analysis
The worldwide market for government, healthcare, and citizen ID credentials continues to grow as governments continue to adopt smart technology or migrate to next generation credentials serving, driver’s licenses, healthcare cards, national IDs, e-passports, and voter cards. Overall 362 million smart card units were delivered into the market in 2011, forecast to increase to 425 million by the end of 2012.
More focus is now being placed on higher end applications, offering higher levels of security and multi-application functionality, further driving desire in smart card adoption across the government ID market place. The added value and real ROIs that smart cards present are real and recognized.
This Competitive Assessment presents full year 2011 and 1st half 2012 market shares based on shipments for the key smart card and IC vendors operational within the government, healthcare, and citizen ID market. Also included is a smart card and IC vendor matrix where companies were judged and scored under both an implementation and innovation category with a set of criteria and score weightings set out for each.
- Market Share: IC Vendor, Government, Healthcare, & Citizen ID - 1st Half 2012
- Market Share: IC Vendor, Government, Healthcare, & Citizen ID - 2011
- Market Share: Smart Card, Government, Healthcare, & Citizen ID - 1st Half 2012
- Market Share: Smart Card, Government, Healthcare, & Citizen ID - 2011
- Vendor Matrix: Government, Healthcare, & Citizen ID Smart Cards
- Vendor Matrix: IC Vendor, Government, Healthcare, & Citizen ID
- CEC Huada Electronics
- Datang Telecom Technology Co Ltd
- De La Rue
- Eastcompeace Smart Card Co Ltd
- Giesecke & Devrient GmbH
- Hua da Zhibao Electronics
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Inside Secure
- KONA International
- NXP Semiconductors
- Oberthur Technologies
- On Track Innovations Ltd.
- Shanghai Huahong IC
- Trueb AG