Government Mandates and Commercial Consortiums for DSRC, V2X, and ITS
Vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) technology deployments are following different paths in different regions with the likelihood of a government mandate in the US and the commercial Car 2 Car Communication Consortium (C2C-CC) making progress in Europe with 11 OEMs having signed a Memorandum of Understanding to implement V2V by 2015. However, technological, ecosystem, and funding issues remain largely unresolved due to a lack of clear industry leadership. At the same time, awareness and support for automotive active safety technology is gradually increasing and V2X will be a requirement to make autonomous vehicles a reality.
This report describes the roles of all stakeholders involved, including governments, industry organizations, and private companies such as car OEMs and technology suppliers. It also includes forecasts of V2V shipments, subscribers, penetration, and revenues per region.
- 1. V2X AND ITS TECHNOLOGIES AND APPLICATIONS
- 1.1. V2V versus V2I
- 1.2. International V2X Spectrum Allocation
- 1.3. Pedestrians, V2P: Wi-Fi Direct
- 1.4. V2X and ITS Services and Applications
- 1.5. V2V Forecasts
- 2. V2X MANDATES (UNITED STATES) VERSUS INDUSTRY CONSORTIUMS (EUROPEAN UNION)
- 2.1. Ann Arbor, Michigan, V2V Trial
- 2.2. The U.S. DOT Approach: A Possible Mandate in 2013?
- 2.3. The E.U. Approach: Automotive Industry Cooperation in the C2C-CC
- 2.4. Europe: simTD, Germany
- 2.5. Other E.U. Projects and Trials
- 2.6. innovITS ADVANCE
- 2.7. Asia-Pacific: Government-driven ITS Deployments
- 3. V2X ECOSYSTEM: HOW TO REACH A BALANCE OF INTERESTS BETWEEN GOVERNMENTS AND INDUSTRY?
- 3.1. Minimum Role Governments Need to Play in ITS Regulation
- 3.2. What Better Needs to Be Left to the Industry
- 3.3. Business Models and Budgets as Key Influencing Factors
- 3.4. The Roles of U.S. Federal and State DOTs, RITA, and the NHTSA
- 3.5. The Role of ITS America in the United States
- 3.6. The Role of ERTICO in Europe
- 3.7. ITS Australia
- 3.8. And What about the End User?
- V2V Penetration into New Vehicles, World Market, Forecast: 2012 to 2027
- Global OEM and Aftermarket V2V Subscribers, World Market, Forecast: 2012 to 2027
- V2V Subscribers by Region, World Market, Forecast: 2012 to 2027
- V2V Shipments by Region, World Market, Forecast: 2012 to 2027
- V2V Hardware Revenue by Region, World Market, Forecast: 2012 to 2027
- DSRC Spectrum Allocations, World Market, Forecast: 2013
- Smart Mobility Diagram, World Market, Forecast: 2013
- Impact Channels of C2X, World Market, Forecast: 2013
- V2X Deployment Phases, World Market, Forecast: 2013