Home-Based Healthcare - Aging in Place Concepts
Caring for seniors is entering a period of transition, driven by a number of key factors combining with ability of wireless communications to extend safety and medical monitoring. Some key factors are rapidly aging global demographic, the popularity and cost effective nature of home care, demands for greater efficiently in senior care and, the correlation between seniors and long term chronic conditions.
This report examines the drivers transforming the Aging in Place market and the place of wireless within it as it transitions from primarily vertically integrated, proprietary offerings from specialist players leveraging proprietary wireless protocols to a far larger and broader market drawing in new players, service providers, and standardized wireless protocols.
Forecasts include Wearable Devices in Aging in Place, Short Range Protocols, M2M connectivity, Wireless Home Gateways, Aging in Place downloadable applications.
Table of Contents
- 1. AGING POPULATIONS AND THE SHIFT IN AGING IN PLACE
- 1.1. An Aging Global Demographic
- 1.2. Aging in Place
- 1.3. Wireless Connectivity within Aging in Place
- 1.4. Aging in Place Conditions
- 1.5. Wearable Wireless Aging in Place Sensors
- 2. THE BATTLE GROUNDS FOR WIRELESS WITHIN AGING IN PLACE
- 2.1. The Current Aging in Place Wearable Device Market
- 2.2. Short Range Wireless Device Connectivity Protocol Competition
- 2.3. Embedded SRW versus Embedded Cellular Device Connectivity
- 2.4. Home Gateway Configuration and Connectivity
- 2.5. Wearable Device versus Mobile Phones
- 3. WHICH AGING IN PLACE PLAYERS WILL THRIVE?
- 3.1. Home Devices Gateways
- 3.2. Cloud and Mobile Applications
- 3.3. Connectivity Management
- 3.4. Vertically Integrated Existing Players
- Population by Age, Global Forecast: 1950-2016
- Aging in Place Wearable Device Connectivity by SRW Protocol, World Markets: 2011-2017
- Aging in Place Wearable Device Connectivity by Wireless Technology, World Markets: 2011-2017
- Aging in Place Home Gateway Configuration and Connectivity, World Markets: 2011-2017
- Aging in Place Mobile Handset Applications, World Markets: 2011-2017