Payment Cards, Point of Sale, and Mobile Card Readers
The worldwide payments market is an extremely competitive environment with smart card, IC, POS terminal and mobile card reader vendors competing for lucrative high volume business in a market to which smart cards and POS terminals shipped 1.1 billion and 11 million units in 2011 respectively. On-going migration to EMV and other chip based standards are driving the market further with penetration of smart cards and smart acceptance devices growing each year. Contactless and NFC have further demonstrated the added value that can be achieved through migration to smart cards. This Competitive Assessment presents market shares for the key smart card, IC, POS terminal and mobile card reader vendors as well as an accompanying vendor matrix where companies were judged and scored on implementation and innovation with a set of criteria and score weightings set out for each category.
- Market Share: IC Vendor, Payment Cards - 2011
- Market Share: Mobile Card Reader POS - 2011
- Market Share: POS Terminal Vendors - 2011
- Market Share: Smart Card Vendor, Payment Cards - 2011
- Vendor Matrix: Payment Card ICs
- Vendor Matrix: Payment POS Terminals & Mobile Card Readers
- Vendor Matrix: Payment Smart Cards
- Charge Anywhere
- CPI Card Group, Inc
- Giesecke & Devrient GmbH
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Inside Secure
- NXP Semiconductors
- Oberthur Technologies
- PayPal, Inc.
- Sagem Morpho, Inc.
- Verifone Inc