Connected Low-cost In-dash Navigation: the End of the Journey for In-car Navigation?
While the old debate about smartphone navigation applications versus dedicated Personal Navigation Devices rages on, a third form factor is quietly conquering the navigation space. It emerges as a reincarnation of the oldest of in-car navigation form factors, one that has been around for more than a decade as an expensive option (AKA status symbol) in high end passenger cars: embedded, in-dash navigation. In its new form in-dash navigation is both affordable and …connected, embracing the even older consumer telematics paradigm closing the circle completely.
To find out more about subscribing:
- SAE “Level 2+”: Where Future Driverless Ambitions Meet Today’s Market Realities
- Connected Car Market Data
- Automotive Cybersecurity: Hardware and Software Approaches
- Driverless Cars Will Require a New Approach to Automotive Cybersecurity as First Driverless Cybersecurity Standard Released
- Cinemo Advances Infotainment Experience, while Enabling OEMs to Maintain Crucial Ownership of In-Vehicle Experience