Careers at ABI Research
ABI Research is a forward-thinking, fast paced company specializing in the technologies of tomorrow. ABI is family-friendly with locations throughout the United States, United Kingdom, Singapore and Geneva. Additionally, we have many employees who work remotely from home either full-time or part of the time. ABI offers competitive compensation along with an extremely generous benefit and vacation package in addition to rewarding achievement by promoting within. Be part of a global team of thought leaders and influencers and apply today!
Senior/Industry Analyst-Strategic Technology - US and United Kingdom Locations
Reporting to the Telco Cloud Research Director, the analyst will be responsible for research and analysis specializing in forecasting telecom network technologies related to telco cloud, including SDN, NFV and MEC. The role requires a “self-starter” that is equally happy working individually and in small, usually multi-disciplined/multinational groups.
The successful analyst will contribute to research services that cover telecom network infrastructure products across various mobile, fixed and Internet markets and will need to have a particular interest in the application of these technologies in adjacent markets, e.g. transport, smart cities, large enterprises and AR/VR.
Specific responsibilities include:
Authoring syndicated research reports, market forecasts, articles and related products within one or more areas of personal expertise
- Work on custom research and consulting projects, providing leadership on approach and methodology
- Supporting other analysts were required and providing telco cloud market expertise to other groups research within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have:
In-depth knowledge of the industry, including strong familiarity with major players, competitive dynamics, technology & business issues, and market trends
- Advanced skills in manipulating Excel databases
- Strong quantitative analysis capabilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Customer-centric, open-minded approach to solving business and analytical problems
- Experience in product management, new product development, product marketing, market research, or industry analysis is strongly preferred
- Industry experience/market analysis experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; electronics engineering degree preferred
- Experience in either telecoms, cloud or IT domains with a solid understanding of the technologies involved.
- Experience in software-driven platforms, including SDN and NFV, will be a plus
US/UK OfficeApply for this position.
Senior Account Executive - USA
The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for developing new business relationships, managing a list of existing/assigned accounts, and developing new consulting opportunities. The Senior Account Executive will be engaged in account management and business development activities representing syndicated research, advisory services, and consulting.
Specific responsibilities include:
New Business Development
- Prospecting for new client relationships within an assigned territory
- Developing new business opportunities within assigned client companies
- Preparing quotes, distributing quotes to prospects, processing orders upon client acceptance
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline that supports the New Business goals of the company
- Developing strong relationships with assigned clients
- Engaging clients to understand their issues and needs, then matching them with the appropriate products and services
- Working with Client Relations on user Account Management (i.e.: adding, deleting, monitoring access)
- Working with Client Relations to assist clients with various issues (i.e.: login, registration, etc.)
- Working with other colleagues to support client request and renew syndicated relationships
- Preparing quotes, distributing quotes to clients, and processing order upon client acceptance for renewals
Consulting Business Development
- Prospecting for new consulting opportunities within the assigned territory
- Developing new consulting opportunities within assigned client companies
- Preparing consulting quotes, distributing quotes to prospects, processing orders upon client acceptance
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline that supports the Consulting goals of the company
- Working with other colleagues to achieve the overall business goals of the company
- Supporting the goals and objectives of other divisions of the company
ABI Research is looking for people who are self-starters who can manage their time and balance multiple activities while closing sales and managing assigned accounts. Our products are proprietary research and data products and are sold through both subscriptions and as standalone reports and data. The ideal candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree; a B.A./B.S. is required
- At least five years of proven sales experience selling into large enterprise accounts
- Experience selling syndicated research and consulting services
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Good telephone and written communication skills
- Team player
- Fast learner and at ease with technology and working in an entrepreneurial environment
Research Intern - Wellingborough, UK / London, UK
The Intern will be responsible for researching one of a number areas specifically in the Strategic Technology sector. On the job training will be provided; the intern will be working on live projects immediately alongside senior team members.
Specifications and Degree requirements:
- Keen interest in technology and an avid gadget user
- Relevant education experience in telecommunications, electronics or technology subject will be preferred
- Marketing, business administration or economics candidates will be considered as will other disciplines where the candidate shows an avid interest in technology and gadgets
- The role requires a "self starter" that is equally happy working individually and in small, usually multi-disciplined groups.