Careers at ABI Research
ABI Research is a forward-thinking, fast paced company specializing in the technologies of tomorrow. ABI is family-friendly with locations throughout the United States, United Kingdom, and Singapore. Additionally, we have many employees who work remotely from home either full-time or part of the time. ABI offers competitive compensation along with an extremely generous benefit and vacation package in addition to rewarding achievement by promoting within. Be part of a global team of thought leaders and influencers and apply today!
Research Analyst - IoT and M2M - US/UK/Singapore Locations
ABI Research is seeking a Research Analyst for its coverage of IoT technologies. Specific coverage is centred around the growing IoT and Machine-to-Machine ecosystem. The Research Analyst will be responsible for contribution to a research agenda that will be focused on one or more of the following areas:
- IoT hardware
- IoT platforms
- IoT services
- Low Power Wide Area Networks
- IoT Devices
- M2M Modules and Semiconductors
- Companies involved in the IoT value chain
Provide ABI Research clients with strategic advice and insights in one or more of the following areas: IoT hardware, IoT platforms, IoT services, Low Power Wide Area Networks, IoT Devices, M2M Modules and Semiconductors and companies involved in the IoT value chain. Specific tasks will include:
Author syndicated research reports, market forecasts, and articles within the specific areas.
- Provide guidance and input based on clients’ needs and industry trends
- Maintain a high industry profile, promoting ABI Research’s information services through regular contact with key industry players, participation in industry events, authoring articles, delivering presentations, and interacting with the press
- Support sales and business development activities by preparing customer-specific analysis, and participating in key meetings with clients, prospects, and partners
In-depth knowledge of the technology services and/or retail providers, including strong familiarity with major players, competitive dynamics, business issues, and market trends
- Strong quantitative analysis capabilities: forecasting, financial analysis, retail metrics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Customer-centric, open-minded approach to solving business and analytical problems
- Experience in product management, new product development, product marketing, market research, or industry analysis is strongly preferred
- Some travel including client visits and industry events
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Apply for this position.
Editorial Assistant (Part Time) - Oyster Bay, New York
As part of the Production Department, the Production Assistant will play an integral part in the editing, formatting, and publication of global connectivity and emerging technology market research.
This position requires that you be highly proficient in copyediting, have a high attention to detail, and be solid working with intermediate functionality of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. The ideal candidate will also have:
Professional copyediting experience
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of advanced Microsoft Excel features (e.g., recording macros, working with pivot tables)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Flexible schedule approximately 25 hours per week
Apply for this position.
Sales Development Representative - Oyster Bay, New York
This is a growth position for an expanding sales team looking to develop the right individual looking for a career in emerging technology consultative sales with a focus on account management best practices. ABI Research is the industry leader in providing detailed business research material and advisory services around wireless connectivity and newly created technology markets.
The Sales Development Representative position will act as the liaison between Marketing and Sales. The role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. Your strong communication skills will cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal.
ABI Research is looking for those with an aptitude for hard work, high activity and time management that can balance multiple activities while delivering quality customer service. Our products are proprietary research and data products and are sold through both subscriptions and as standalone reports and data. The ideal candidate will have:
A persistent, high activity, metrics driven approach to their job.
Effective organization and time management skills.
Excellent telephone/written communication skills.
The ability to function in a small team environment
Attention to detail
Understanding of client goals and positive customer service
Aptitude for learning and direct application of shared knowledge
Affinity for technology and business based concepts and discussions.
Understand and leverage the changing business and technology issues and needs facing ABI Research’s targeted and existing client base.
Qualify leads from marketing campaigns and sales opportunities
Primary goal of managing existing clients and supporting vendor briefings
Secondary goal of developing strategic new business relationships and supporting business development efforts where needed.
Build and maintain an appropriate incremental sales pipeline for all new and renewable business to achieve sales goals and chart progress towards team goal.
Aggregate prospect and client interests to the research team
2 years of sales experience, preferably Business to Business
Undergraduate degree B.A/B.S
Compensation & Benefits
Base salary plus commission.
Extensive Benefit Package
Apply for this position.
Senior Account Executive - USA
The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for developing new business relationships, managing a list of existing/assigned accounts, and developing new consulting opportunities. The Senior Account Executive will be engaged in account management and business development activities representing syndicated research, advisory services, and consulting.
Specific responsibilities include:
New Business Development
- Prospecting for new client relationships within an assigned territory
- Developing new business opportunities within assigned client companies
- Preparing quotes, distributing quotes to prospects, processing orders upon client acceptance
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline that supports the New Business goals of the company
- Developing strong relationships with assigned clients
- Engaging clients to understand their issues and needs, then matching them with the appropriate products and services
- Working with Client Relations on user Account Management (i.e.: adding, deleting, monitoring access)
- Working with Client Relations to assist clients with various issues (i.e.: login, registration, etc.)
- Working with other colleagues to support client request and renew syndicated relationships
- Preparing quotes, distributing quotes to clients, and processing order upon client acceptance for renewals
Consulting Business Development
- Prospecting for new consulting opportunities within the assigned territory
- Developing new consulting opportunities within assigned client companies
- Preparing consulting quotes, distributing quotes to prospects, processing orders upon client acceptance
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline that supports the Consulting goals of the company
- Working with other colleagues to achieve the overall business goals of the company
- Supporting the goals and objectives of other divisions of the company
ABI Research is looking for people who are self-starters who can manage their time and balance multiple activities while closing sales and managing assigned accounts. Our products are proprietary research and data products and are sold through both subscriptions and as standalone reports and data. The ideal candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree; a B.A./B.S. is required
- At least five years of proven sales experience selling into large enterprise accounts
- Experience selling syndicated research and consulting services
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Good telephone and written communication skills
- Team player
- Fast learner and at ease with technology and working in an entrepreneurial environment