Careers at ABI Research
ABI Research is a forward-thinking, fast paced company specializing in the technologies of tomorrow. ABI is family-friendly with locations throughout the United States, United Kingdom, and Singapore. Additionally, we have many employees who work remotely from home either full-time or part of the time. ABI offers competitive compensation along with an extremely generous benefit and vacation package in addition to rewarding achievement by promoting within. Be part of a global team of thought leaders and influencers and apply today!
Graduate Analyst - US or UK Office Locations
ABI Research has a number of positions available for Graduate analysts operating from a number of its global locations. The Graduate Analyst will be part of a team lead by Research Directors in contributing to research services that cover one of the following areas:
- New technology trends that Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, 5G, Machine Learning, Cybersecurity.
- IoT & M2M – Connections, Revenues, Service delivery platforms, M2M Application Enablement Platforms (AEPs), cloud-based platforms, M2M security, Internet of Things (IoT).
- Market Verticals – mHealth, retail, utilities, telematics, industrial monitoring, home automation.
Specific responsibilities include:
Assisting in research reports, market forecasts, articles and related products within one or more areas of personal expertise
- Supporting other analysts where required and providing application, market and product expertise to other groups within the organization.
The ideal candidate will have:
Strong quantitative analysis capabilities
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Industry experience/market analysis experience preferred
Enthusiasm and initiative to work independently and as part of a team
Passion for new technologies and ability to learn and absorb how they function
UK, London or Northamptonshire.
US, Scottsdale or New York.
Apply for this position.
Inside Sales Representative - NYC/Oyster Bay
ABI Research is the leading emerging technology research and advisory firm for Innovation focused executives. For 26 years ABI Research has provided comprehensive quantitative and qualitative research, guidance and best practices through our annual subscription advisory and consulting services.
ABI’s headquarters are located on the north shore of Long Island in Oyster Bay, a town about 60 minutes outside of the city. ABI is also a global business, with 8 offices located across the US, Europe, and Asia. At this time, we are looking for candidates who would be able to work from either one of our Oyster Bay or Manhattan offices. If you are in the New York City area but are too far from either of these locations, we may be able to accommodate you with an office at a shared workspace.
Drive our solutions into the appropriate target personas of Fortune 2000 companies. You will work closely with our research and marketing organizations to move our research and consulting solutions which include but are not limited to: Internet of Things/Internet of Everything, Virtual and Augmented Reality, 5G, Autonomous Vehicles, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Enterprise Wearables into world-class organizations.
Key vertical markets will initially include: Transportation, Warehousing and Logistics, Retail and Vending, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Energy and Utilities, Finance and Banking. Sales experience in any or multiple of these areas will be an advantage.
- We are looking for candidates with an ambition to succeed, an aptitude for hard work, high activity and a knack for time management, who can balance multiple initiatives and function well in a quick paced environment. Our offerings are proprietary research, data and consulting solutions mostly sold as annual subscriptions. The ideal candidate will have the following DNA:
- Intelligent, intellectually curious, industrious, hard-working, responsive, competitive and goal driven.
- Eager to perform in a highly collaborative, structured, fast-paced, metric driven, results-oriented, but also fun and lively environment.
- Must enjoy innovating, collaborating, testing, learning and adapting in a team atmosphere.
- Passion for where technology is going, a fascination with emerging business models, and also the ability, communication skills, and empathy necessary to enable and support senior level executives in accomplishing their transformative goals.
- A sales execution background including prospect segmentation / targeting, high activity levels (heavy emphasis on email and phone contact), and pipeline building through conversion.
- A strong sales process and understanding of sales methodology based on previous experience.
- A persistent, productivity oriented, metrics driven approach to their job.
- Effective organization and time management skills and use of CRM systems.
- Excellent telephone / written communication skills.
- The ability to function in a small team environment.
- Aptitude for collaboration, learning, and direct application of shared knowledge.
- Affinity for technology and business based concepts and discussions.
- Understand and leverage the changing business and technology issues and needs facing ABI Research’s targeted prospect base.
- Primary goal of selling ABI Research products and solutions to new clients.
- Build and maintain a robust sales pipeline to achieve sales goals.
- Be able to work from Oyster Bay, Manhattan, or a nearby office in a shared workspace
- 3 – 7+ years of comparable B2B sales experience
- Undergraduate degree (B.A / B.S)
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base salary plus significant commission opportunity
- Comprehensive benefit coverage plus 401K
Apply for this position.
Photo Editor/Teardown Specialist - Dripping Springs, Texas
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Teardown specialist may be responsible for taking and editing photos, performing various tests and compiling large amounts of data extracted from mobile devices and components within mobile devices. An ideal candidate must be familiar with creating and handling files for data compiled, have a very strong eye for details and work under high pressure to meet weekly deadlines.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with image capture, scaling and organizing images for web-site display
- Handling and measuring components for analysis
- Capturing x-ray images of components
The ideal candidate will be:
- Self-motivated, work well under pressure
- Very task and detailed oriented, very organized
- Any programming experience or macro development is a plus
- Photo editing skills (Photoshop or similar program) is a plus
Apply for this position.
Research Intern - All Office Locations
The Intern will be responsible for researching one of a number areas specifically in the Strategic Technology sector. On the job training will be provided; the intern will be working on live projects immediately alongside senior team members.
Specifications and Degree requirements:
- Keen interest in technology and an avid gadget user
- Relevant education experience in telecommunications, electronics or technology subject will be preferred
- Marketing, business administration or economics candidates will be considered as will other disciplines where the candidate shows an avid interest in technology and gadgets
- The role requires a "self starter" that is equally happy working individually and in small, usually multi-disciplined groups.
Senior Account Executive - USA
The Senior Account Executive will be responsible for developing new business relationships, managing a list of existing/assigned accounts, and developing new consulting opportunities. The Senior Account Executive will be engaged in account management and business development activities representing syndicated research, advisory services, and consulting.
Specific responsibilities include:
New Business Development
- Prospecting for new client relationships within an assigned territory
- Developing new business opportunities within assigned client companies
- Preparing quotes, distributing quotes to prospects, processing orders upon client acceptance
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline that supports the New Business goals of the company
- Developing strong relationships with assigned clients
- Engaging clients to understand their issues and needs, then matching them with the appropriate products and services
- Working with Client Relations on user Account Management (i.e.: adding, deleting, monitoring access)
- Working with Client Relations to assist clients with various issues (i.e.: login, registration, etc.)
- Working with other colleagues to support client request and renew syndicated relationships
- Preparing quotes, distributing quotes to clients, and processing order upon client acceptance for renewals
Consulting Business Development
- Prospecting for new consulting opportunities within the assigned territory
- Developing new consulting opportunities within assigned client companies
- Preparing consulting quotes, distributing quotes to prospects, processing orders upon client acceptance
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline that supports the Consulting goals of the company
- Working with other colleagues to achieve the overall business goals of the company
- Supporting the goals and objectives of other divisions of the company
ABI Research is looking for people who are self-starters who can manage their time and balance multiple activities while closing sales and managing assigned accounts. Our products are proprietary research and data products and are sold through both subscriptions and as standalone reports and data. The ideal candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree; a B.A./B.S. is required
- At least five years of proven sales experience selling into large enterprise accounts
- Experience selling syndicated research and consulting services
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Good telephone and written communication skills
- Team player
- Fast learner and at ease with technology and working in an entrepreneurial environment