Are you ready for the rhyme of history set for June 19? There are too many coincidences for this to be a random event. Consider (and Google it a bit)
- June 19, French Troops liberate the island of Elba in WWII.
- Napoleon, Emperor of France was exiled on Elba until The Hundred Days of Napoleon
- “Le petit caporal” though not the largest in stature, rose to high command
- June 19, Michel Combes announces the return of Alcatel-Lucent from exile, and perhaps launch The Hundreds Days of Combes?
- Napoleon and Waterloo the Swedish pop hit – a hidden message, but not for ABBA!
- All this has happened before, may happen again, but perhaps with a different outcome?
Maybe the above is a bit heavy on the tin-foil hat theory, but I do expect to hear something daring and bold from Monsieur Combes on June 19. Even without mixing metaphors, I’m getting a bad feeling. I suspect we are on the verge of a comeback and confrontation. If things are to change for ALU, it should be a bold, disruptive and unexpected move on June 19.
For a little more serious discussion: Alcatel-Lucent: Get Scrappy, or else…
Get deep insights into the evolution of mobile broadband from ABI’s Telco Software, Optimization & Monetization research service.